Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm still here.

Well hello there, blog. I haven't forgotten about you...promise!

I know it's been a while, but I have a good excuse. I've moved from Orlando to Atlanta (finally!)...

...see?


...so I've been trying to get all settled before I get back into my art groove.


Anyway, next on the chopping block...

* finish that crazy peacock painting I started about a million years ago
* Mary and Maude painting (elephants from the Central Florida Zoo)
* and of course, work on whatever else comes to mind...which will derail my efforts to finish the two projects mentioned above, I'm sure. That's one thing I've learned over the years...you can't plan art. You can try, but it just doesn't work. At least with me.

So that's that. The only 'artsy' thing I've really done lately is a sketch of the White Rabbit (this version). Not for anything in particular...it's just a reoccurring theme in my life (which has come up again recently because of the new Alice in Wonderland movie)...and I haven't drawn anything in a while...so I figured I'd draw it and hang it up in my house somewhere since it's meaningful to me. I'll post a pic when I'm done. I'm debating on coloring it in with colored pencil, or just leaving it as a sketch...black/white kinda thing. We'll see.

Oh, and some good news that came out of my move is that our new house has 4 bedrooms...and we don't have anywhere close to 4 sets of bedroom furniture! So, that means we have a master bedroom, one guest room, an office....and I now have my very own art room! I've always wanted one of those. Mainly because I make huge messes when I work on my projects, and I have to clean up after them each time...now I can just leave it and shut the door ;-) Hopefully it'll make me more productive.

Hope to post soon with REAL updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment