Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Rock Boat Guitar ~ Tissue Paper Collage

I've been working on this a lot lately, and it's finally starting to come together a little bit more! It has also moved out of it's pastel colors phase where it looked like the Easter Bunny designed it :-) I've also FINALLY gotten the boat to look like I want it to. I think I drew/erased that thing about 6 times before I was happy with it.

I ended up ordering a new yellowish-gold color of paper online for the yellow balloons. I wasn't happy with the highlighter yellow color it was before, lol. I think the darker gold color looks much better. I got it from Blick Art Materials - they have the best selection of tissue paper I've found, if you ever happen to be looking...haha.

One thing that I will probably change is the pink of the balloon that is the farthest to the left...it's a bit darker, and I prefer the lighter pink I used on the balloon toward the center of the guitar. The darker pink looks too much like the red to me. Shouldn't be too hard of a change.

Other than that, it's coming together fairly well. I think I'm going to make the boat a tan/off-white color. I guess tecnically the paper I have is called "Vanilla" if that helps you picture it, lol. In the image that inspired the design of the guitar (on www.therockboat.com) the boat is blue, but if I use that color on here, it will be WAY too much blue since I have so much water. The 'Vanilla' should work just fine though.

I can't wait to finish all the tissue paper stuff so I can go back in and draw the details with marker. Hopefully it'll look cool when it's done!

Oh, and as usual, the colors in the photos are a bit off from real life, since once again, I took them at night and had poor lighting. One of these days I'll take some during the day...haha.









1 comment: