Friday, February 20, 2009

Spiderman Bowling Pin

This is a bowling pin painted like Spiderman. This was actually from a long time ago, but I put it up here because I still love it :-) I have a whole box of bowling pins sitting in my garage because I wanted to do a bunch of random people/characters, but I never got around to it. Let me know if you think of any - I'll try whatever!


I start by tracing the shape of the bowling pin on paper a few times so I can sketch out the design. Then I spray the pin with Kilz to prime it and then sketch the design on the pin once it's dry. After that, I draw in all of the black lines with Sharpie so the sketch doesn't rub off. Once that's done, I paint the whole pin with watered-down acryllic paint. After that, I do all of the shading with Prismacolors. Once everything is done, I put a few layers of clear-coat on it so nothing rubs off.



No comments:

Post a Comment