Friday, November 20, 2009

Quirks


So I was trying to figure out how to describe myself to someone recently (in a somewhat professional way), and instead of thinking of the normal "I'm dependable, I work well with a team, etc" answers, I kept thinking of really weird traits of mine that really had no relevance to...well, anything. So obviously those wouldn't work if I didn't want people to think I was crazy.

But then I got to thinking...these weird 'quirks' are what make me "me"...so I thought I'd post a few on here. It has nothing to do with art, which is typically what I write about on this blog...but I've never really done a post about myself on here...so consider this my fashionably late but quirky introduction. :-)

Here we go...

1. When I eat a sandwich, I typically hold it on the lower right corner. Once I eat everything up to that little teeny tiny part of the crust that I've had in my hand the whole time, I stop eating. For some reason I can't bring myself to eat that piece.

2. My fingers and toes bend backwards. Like ALL the way backwards. It's pretty gross, but it makes a really cool built-in catapult when I can find small objects to launch. French fries are great ammo.

3. I'm right handed, but I'm left footed.

4. I love chocolate, and I love ice cream, but I hate chocolate ice cream.

5. At gas stations, I usually go to pump #4 because 4 is my favorite number.

6. At work, I write with a different colored pen every week. That way I can tell when I wrote something based on which color that week was. If I can't find the right colored pen for that week when I need to take a quick note, I write the note lightly in pencil and go back over it with the appropriate color once I locate the correct pen. This week's color was purple.

7. When I'm at a sit-down restaurant, and the waitress/waiter gives me a straw that's still in the wrapper, I remove the straw and put it in my drink as usual, but then I proceed to completely shred the straw wrapper into a million pieces. and I keep tearing up those pieces smaller and smaller until the food comes.

8. I absolutely cannot stand lenticular images, or the sound they make when scratched. I honestly can't even look at something with a lenticular image on it without shivering.

9. I typically look at magazines backwards. Start on the last page, work my way to the cover.

10. I secretly kinda want a Snuggie or a Slanket. I'm always cold, so I think a blanket with arm-holes is ingenious.


That's enough for now! Hope you enjoyed...and don't give me a hard time about any of them - you know you've got some too...

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I loved reading about your quirks. Several years ago I came up with two classifications of people...everyone was either weird or stupid lazy. The weird ones were all the good people in the world. They were the ones that made life interesting. Welcome to the weird side.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...Thanks Kathy! :-) I definitely walk on the 'weird' side. Luckily, I've learned to act somewhat normal on a day-to-day basis!

    ReplyDelete