Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Guitar Update #5

Only two days left until I need to have this finished! It's crunch time...but I think I'll be ok.

I started the sides last night...got about halfway done. I decided to just use a pretty simple swirly/wave pattern. I hadn't used red yet, so I went with that. It's actually not 'red'...it's a mixture of two different pinks, one red, and yellow...but the overall look of it came out red. I think I might fill the other white space that's on the sides now with yellow/tan...maybe a slight touch of green - not bright green though because I don't want the sides to look like Christmas colors.

Anyway...the things I have left on my to-do list:

~ Finish the sides
~ Paint the whole back - will probably not be a huge design or anything, just something that looks nice, but is simple. No one's really going to be paying attention to the back anyway.
~ Paint the notes on the front...those will be green/yellow and will go in the 'wave staff'
~ Paint the guitar head and tuning keys

...I think that's it.

Here are the most recent photos:


Can't really see much of the sides here, but you can a little...


This one's upside down, but you can see more of the side that way:



And a view from the top. It looks kind of symmetrical from this point, but the sides are not symmetrical all the way around:


No comments:

Post a Comment